BORA provides its end customers with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty for its products. The end customer is entitled to this warranty in addition to the statutory claims for defects against the sellers of our products.
The manufacturer’s warranty applies to all BORA products sold by authorised BORA dealers or salespersons trained by BORA within the European Union, with the exception of products labelled by BORA as Universal products or accessories.
The manufacturer’s warranty starts as soon as the BORA product is handed over to the end customer by an authorised BORA dealer and is valid for 2 years. By registering on www.mybora.com the end customer has the possibility of extending the manufacturer’s warranty to 3 years.
The manufacturer’s warranty requires expert (in accordance with the valid BORA ventilation handbook and operating instructions at the time of installation) installation of the BORA products by an authorised BORA dealer. During use, the end customer is to adhere to the specifications and instructions in the operating manual.
In order to file a warranty claim, the end customer is to notify their dealer or BORA of the fault and must present the receipt. Alternatively, the end customer can provide proof of purchase by registering on www.mybora.com.
BORA guarantees that all BORA products are free from material and product defects. The defect must exist prior to delivery of the product to the end customer. In the event that a warranty claim is filed, the warranty shall not commence anew.
BORA will correct defects in BORA products at its own discretion by repairing or replacing the product. All costs for the correction of defects under the manufacturer’s warranty shall be assumed by BORA.
Expressly not covered by the BORA manufacturer’s warranty are:
- BORA products that were not sold by authorised BORA dealers or salespersons trained by BORA
- Damage caused by non-adherence to the operating instructions (including product care and cleaning) This represents improper use.
- Damage caused by normal use, e.g. traces of usage on the cooktop
- Damage caused by external influences (such as transport damage, ingress of condensation, damage caused by the elements such as a lightning strike)
- Damage caused by repairs or attempts to repair not made by BORA or persons authorised by BORA
- Damage to the glass ceramic
- Voltage fluctuations
- Secondary damage or claims for damages beyond the defect
- Damage to plastic parts
Legal claims, particularly statutory claims for defects or product liability are not limited by the warranty.
If a defect is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, the end customer can employ the services of the BORA technical service, however, they must cover the costs themselves.
The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply to these warranty conditions.
You can contact us by:
Telephone: +800 7890 0987
Monday to Thursday from 08:00-18:00 and Friday from 08:00-17:00